Important Information for Shot Patients
- You must be able to wait 30 minutes following your injections. This is strictly for your safety, as the most dangerous reactions occur within minutes after receiving injections. Neither length of time on shots nor lack of past reactions is an adequate predictor of safety, and all patients are expected to abide by this rule. If you cannot wait 30 minutes you should not come for allergy injections.
- If you are feeling ill, particularly if you are running a fever or experiencing sore throat, cough, wheezing, or need to use a rescue inhaler, allergy injections should be delayed until your symptoms improve. We ask that you not get your injections unless you have been without fever or wheezing/difficulty breathing for 48 hours.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult, unless a consent form has been signed by the patient's parent or guardian deferring treatment decisions to us should a reaction occur.
- You should not exercise for an hour before and four hours after your injections, as this can increase your risk of reaction.
- Please inform us prior to your next injection if you experienced a local reaction at your injection site which lasted longer that 24 hours, or any reaction involving systemic symptoms (hives, itching, swelling, increased nasal symptoms, difficulty breathing) after your last injection.
- Please inform us prior to your next injection if you have become pregnant.
- Please inform us prior to your next injection if you have had a recent medication change, particularly if you have started a beta blocker.
- As a professional courtesy, we will provide shots to patients whose serum is from another office. However, patients whose serum is not made in our office will require an office visit with one of our physicians in order to receive shots with us.
- Please refer to Frequently Asked Questions for further information
**If you are having a shot reaction or other urgent problem during office hours, please call the office directly (616)531-6900.
**If the office is closed and you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, call 911. If you require after hours assistance for other medical concerns, please contact the after-hours service through our main office number.
Grandville (616) 531-6900 ext. 114
Grand Rapids (616) 726-6702